Top 7 Picks
Best Vegan Food → Fogwood + Fig
We aren’t vegans. Yet we eat at Fogwood + Fig, a plant-based comfort food cafe, all the time. The base menu is so good and they always have mouthwatering specials. There is a small indoor and outdoor dinning area, but we order the food to go and enjoy it at home. 12 minute drive from Clearing Farm.
Best Fine Dinning → The Homestead at Eldred Preserve
The Homestead Restaurant is the most upscale restaurant nearby. We love to go here for special occasions or after a long week of work. We love their ribeye and burger. The restaurant has a beautiful interior and overlooks a grand pond. We also love to walk the property after dinner here. 15 minute drive from Clearing Farm.
Best Takeout → Katery To Go
We order from Katery to Go at least once a week. The owner, Katie, is an awesome chef and she always sources her ingredients from the highest quality vendors. 12 minutes from Clearing Farm.
Local Favorite → Back To Bakers
Back to Bakers is a Catskills mainstay. If you’re looking for a low-key hangout, this is your spot. You can taste the pride they put into their food here. They have specials every night, a full bar, and a shuffle board table. 18 minutes from Clearing Farm.
Best View → The Local Table and Tap
The Local Table and Tap is our favorite restaurant in the summer because it has stunning lake views. Make reservations in advance and request an outdoor table, or an indoor one by the window. So you can enjoy the best views of Kauneongoa Lake. We love to watch the sunset here while we have dinner. 35 minutes from Clearing Farm.
Trendy → The Laundrette
The Laundrette is our goto spot when friends from the city visit us. The pizza is A+ and the salads are fresh and flavorful. The hangover soup always hits the spot too, whether you’re hungover or not. The restaurant overlooks the Delaware River so the views are extraordinary. It’s also located in the town of Narrowsburg, a quaint town with great shopping. The slogan here used to be Narrowsburg, not Williamsburg and you might feel like you’re back in Brooklyn here. Long 40 minute drive from Clearing Farm, but a scenic road with much to see along the way.
Guilty Pleasure → Ben’s Fresh
Ben’s Fresh is an old school burger joint with kitschy vibe. The menu has every high calorie food you can imagine, including a delectable desert menu. 10 minute drive from Clearing Farm.
More Great Catskill Restaurants
Those places seem right for you? Here are some of our other favorite restaurants in the Catskills.
- The Heron: One of the most popular and famous restaurants in the area.
- Fox N Hare: This used to be one of our favorite hangout spots but after the pandemic the hours became a bit hard to predict.
- The Delmonico Room: A pricy and luxurious restaurant that is great for summer nights because they have an outdoor patio right in the heart of the quaint town of Milford, PA.
- JJ Delicatessen: European deli with great prices and mouthwatering sandwiches; a great stop if you’re in a hurry and need to grab a bite fast.
- Erie Family Restaurant: A great pick for large groups, the Erie Restaurant in Port Jervis, has a huge selection of dishes and a lively scene of people at the restaurant and bar.
- Benji and Jakes: A gourmet pizza place with outdoor and indoor seating right on White Lake.
- Yanni’s Gyro Express: The best Greek food in Sullivan County at affordable prices; one of our favorite places to grab a casual bite that is just as tasty as it is affordable.
- Henning’s Local: A favorite farm-to-table restaurant with a nice atmosphere overlooking a baseball field. Our favorite fish here is definitely the sesame seared trout.
- Cochecton Firestation: A New York City-like cocktail bar with amazing bar eats, located as the name implies in an old firestation.
- Ba and Me: A Catskills restaurant favorite, with two locations, one in Mountain Dale and the other one in Callicoon, this is a great spot for Vietnamese food.